Another term finished (well, almost). Typically I feel a great sense of accomplishment and relief at it all being over, but studio this term is different: I feel that sense of accomplishment, but relief is absent.
I suppose this is a good thing, it means that our studio project will actually be built and hence the need to continue working to solidify our design and submit a permit set to the city. For those readers, if any still exist, unfamiliar with my project here's the run down:
designBridge is a student-run design-build organization that volunteers within the community. Unlike most studio projects in school where a student designs hypothetical buildings, designBridge projects will actually be constructed, and we the students get to design, generate construction documents, and physically build it ourselves.
I am currently co-project manager for a project designing a bike shelter for a local community school. We have been involved with students and parents at the school as well as members of the Eugene community to help make this project happen. Below are some pictures of the site, constructing a mockup, and our final review (including the full-scale mockup).


Thursday, March 11, 2010
bikecitement
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 thoughts:
you look like such a classy business woman in these pics. did you get that outfit at pimkie? miss you girl and congrats on another sucessful semester!
xoxo
whoops "successful"... you know how i am about typos.
yes! congrats!
Post a Comment