Saturday, May 9, 2009

1/5 of the reason I was so busy this week

| |

Luminaire Designing! Krystan, Chris and I worked together to design a luminaire. We came up with a prototype that uses recycled bike boxes (Krystan's boyfriend manages a bike shop in town). And the idea is that the box that the lamp is shipped in actually becomes the shade itself. The pieces are bolted together so you can rotate and move the pieces according to your whimsy.




Here is our poster:


I was really happy with our design, but so impressed by some of the others...scroll down to see how great my peers are (apparently I was drawn to the ones that used white lights).

2 thoughts:

Adrian said...

Wow! I have to say, that's pretty neat!

samsam said...

oh my gosh! those are all so cool! i like yours the best though! SO creative.