So Dan and I are here in Oregon, we have a two bedroom one block from campus which is terrific, but it is only ours until August, then we are out on the streets again. The move here was really hectic. It took us 6 days to go from Las Vegas to Eugene because we had to stop and pick up stuff in three different places, then there was the Palo Alto reception, and we visited Dan's sweet Grandma in Eugene. We had to drive separately the whole way though, Dan in the Penske and me in my car. Oh and the Penske ran out of gas once. That was fun.We love Eugene so far! Here are some things we love:
-How nice people are: three strangers have stopped to talk to us. The first two thought Dan was a track runner here for the olympic trials, and the second was this man at wells fargo with the whitest longest beard, he welcomed me to Eugene.
-Great bike and running trails, so alternate transportation friendly
-The flora
-Being able to wear linen pants confidently and oh so comfortably- The abundance of vegan options. Although we are married now and can't eat out all the time, so I have started cooking again- I love it! What's more, the supermarkets have everything for your vegan cooking needs!
Saturday morning I made blueberry and banana whole wheat pancakes
For dinner we made a southwestern style tofu scramble with whole wheat tortillas, and it was incredible!Then for desert, vegan s'mores
School starts tomorrow which means I will be busy busy, I hope I can still find time to cook.
Oh and btw, there are honeymoon pictures on facebook, I haven't gotten around to writing a blog about it yet.
Oh and btw, it has been sunny and warm for three days straight!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
married
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment