Friday, June 27, 2008

celebration! we gonna celebrate and have a good tim

| |

So before I share our good news, let me provide some background information. Finding an apartment here was hell, with the olympic trials everything was booked- want something close to campus? forget it, try 3 miles away. Well we found a house that seemed perfect, only 1.5 miles away and we were 98% sure it was ours, the old lady landlord even called on our wedding to wish us luck! Well, on our honeymoon we get an email saying she gave it to someone else. So we were scrambling. To our luck, we found a two bedroom apartment one block from campus! The only downside was that it was above our budget and we could only stay until August. (k this story is long and boring- i will cut to the chase) So that's where we are now, but we aren't moving out in August, we are moving in two weeks becaaauuusee........we are the new apartment managers so we are moving downstairs. Not only do we get free rent and free utilites and a landline, we get 1000 dollars a month! Hooray! What a blessing. And I can come home for lunch.

To celebrate the good news, Dan and I ate at Pizza Research Institute, the most incredible pizza you will ever eat. Seriously! Hands down the best pizza I have had ever, vegan or not vegan..EVER! We ordered the vegan chefs special and I am hesitant to describe it for fear you might doubt its goodness, but trust me (Dan too) it is amazing! So it had a nutritional yeast based 'cheesey thing' the dough was herb and rosemary, and the toppings were out of this world: broccoli, peaches, cranberries, bell peppers, onion, curried cauliflower, tomato, corn, and much more. And yes, all those were on the same pizza. I don't know how they pulled it off, but they did without a hitch. Every bite was something new and something incredible. If you ever come to Eugene- first call us, then go get yourself a pie.

Then to celebrate some more, we went to the indie theater by our house which is actually inside an old church. We watched The Fall- go see it!

K I have wasted to much time writing this. But I wanted to share the good news. I have to get to the studio.

1 thoughts:

manda said...

I am so happy for you! I almost started crying because that is the most amazing good luck! You are so blessed! I love you so much!!!!