Tuesday, October 9, 2007

MURDER OF CHICA!

| |

Let me tell you a little about my town of Coronado. The "Crown City" is a small 'island', home to the Navy Seals, the Hotel Del Coronado (as seen in the classic film Some Like it Hot), and the famous blue bridge that spans from downtown San Diego to Coronado. It is a generally quiet, safe place if you discount the huge infestation of Arizonans in July.

Once a week while enjoying my breakfast I like to read the Coronado Eagle. The hot topic of this past month has been the 19 year old cat Chica. Basically what happened to this feline is someone passing by sa Chica on her porch suffering (the owner was not home). They called animal control to take it to a vet after the owner could not be reached. Three hours later the cat was put down. This had Coronado in an uproar! Letters flooded the editorial section about the murder of Chica- expressing grave disappointment in the city for allowing such an atrocity to happen- ripping an "innocent healthy cat" from her home. Now while I think the owner should have had a say in whether or not her cat was put down, I don't see why it is so unbelievable that 19 year old Chica may in fact have been in the process of dying when that passerby called the vet. I truly wish I would have saved and posted all the hate mail that has circulated in the Eagle this past month- they are priceless gems. Luckily however, I have clipped the best of them all:


Thank you Laurel Woolf, you have made a fabulous point, and I deeply resent that in addition to the Arizonans we now have THE CORONADO DEATH SQUAD to worry about.

1 thoughts:

manda said...

so awesome. watch out, you're looking beyond your prime