Monday, June 4, 2007

Book on Ipod

| |

I have been listening to book on ipod for the past three days. The Fountainhead equals thirty hours of listening time, and I am almost done. I listen to it while I go on walks, while I drive from city to city, while I clean, while I blog. I haven't had my own thoughts in the past three days, they have been Ayn Rand's. While I love book on ipod, I feel as if I am cheating myself of something. I will still buy the book because I like to collect the books I like, but it's not quite the same as reading page by page.

I made this mistake with the first book on ipod I purchased. I was driving some 13 hours from San Francisco to Utah and thought that a book on ipod would be perfect, so I bought Breakfast of Champions. This was my first Vonnegut experience and I loved it! I listened to it twice and thought it was just brilliant. Then some time later, during a book club discussion, Quinn asked me what it was like without all the pictures, I said "What Pictures!" So you see, while book on ipod is convenient, and listening to a professional bring the characters to life with clever voices is thrilling, something is missing.

I am going to run some errands now and listen to The Fountainhead while I drive. Once you start book on ipod, it's too addicting to stop.

0 thoughts: